Connect with us

Costa Blanca

A Norwegian man aged 20 arrested in Rojales

Police National

A Norwegian man aged 20 was caught by National Police in the town of Rojales in Alicante. The Norwegian government had issued an OEDE for his extradition because he was wanted for aggravated fraud that happened in his home country in 2023.

The Alicante National Police were told about it through the International Cooperation Section of the Prosecutor’s Office, after Norwegian investigators found his current home in the Spanish municipality.

The man is suspected of committing at least 37 frauds in a variety of ways, such as by getting app users to pay for goods that were never delivered or by getting them to click on a fake link in a text message from someone pretending to be from the Norwegian Tax Administration, the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration, or another organisation. This led to the users giving sensitive information.

The victims were then called by people they didn’t know who said they were from the police or other services. They were tricked into giving more personal and banking information, which led to the transfer of several million Norwegian kroner from the victims’ bank accounts.

Both the people who were harmed and the banks lost at least 8.4 million Norwegian kroner, which is about 720,000 euros. Under Norwegian law, the suspect could get up to six years in jail for these crimes.

Advertisement

People like this person could be arrested because police from other countries shared information and worked well together with the National Police. Having gone through the police processes, the suspect was given to the Central Court of Instruction of the National Court. This is the judicial body that is in charge of the steps needed to extradite him.


Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Costa Blanca

21 expensive cars that were stolen in the U.S. were found Valencia port

Together with the US Container Security Initiative, the Guardia Civil and the Tax Agency found 21 high-end cars that were stolen in the U.S. and were on their way to Africa in the port of Valencia. The cars, which were worth a total of €1.1 million, were reported stolen and were being moved in containers.

The cars were stolen in the U.S. and were on their way to different places in Africa, stopping in Valencia’s port. Risk analysis units made up of Guardia Civil and Tax Agency officers were able to find several packages that might not have had the goods that were claimed to have been inside.

With the help of the information gathered, it was confirmed that stolen cars that had been in Valencia on their way to the United States had actually arrived. The groups that ship stolen cars either traded legally declared cars for stolen ones or directly declared the stolen cars as other goods, like furniture or mattresses.

In the past few weeks, 21 vehicles have been found and will be sent back to their home countries to be given to their original owners.

Advertisement

Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Continue Reading

Costa Blanca

14 immigrants were saved on a boat 45 miles off the coast of Alicante

On Wednesday, 2nd April, the Maritime Rescue ship Salvamar Leo saved 14 immigrants who were travelling in a boat about 45 miles from Alicante.

In the middle of the afternoon on Wednesday, Maritime Rescue sent out its Helimer 223 helicopter and the Salvamar Leo, which is based in Alicante, to save the people on a small boat.

Their journey began on the Salvamar Leo, which took them to the Temporary Assistance Centre for Foreigners in the port of Alicante. There, the Red Cross took care of them.

The Red Cross says that all of the refugees they saved were men, and two of them were younger than 15 years old. They were all healthy after being treated.

The National Police took over the refugees after getting help from the Red Cross. They are now trying to find the boat’s captain so they can arrest him, as is normal in these situations.

Advertisement

Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Continue Reading

Costa Blanca

Dénia wrestler arrested in connection with a network that smuggled 300 kilos of cocaine from Ecuador

National Police Alicante Arrest

The National Police’s Drugs and Organised Crime Unit arrested a famous mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter from Dénia. He was part of a gang that was partly broken up in August over a shipment of 300 kg of cocaine from Ecuador that came into the port of Valencia. The fighter from Dénia is one of five people who were caught by police. Along with nine other gang members who were already in jail at the time, they are now in jail.

The man who was arrested in Dénia is thought to be the trusted man of the gang’s leader, who is also an MMA fighter, and the person who is said to have worked as a go-between in the operation.

Levante-EMV also says that the broken-down network is linked to another shipment of 490 kg of cocaine that came into the port of Valencia in April of last year.

The five people who were just caught went before Valencia’s Investigative Court No. 20 yesterday, April 3rd.


Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Continue Reading

Adverts

Events Calendar

Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
M
T
W
T
F
S
S
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3

Adverts

Trending