Costa Blanca
The frigate Almirante Juan de Borbón will be in Alicante and open to the public

Following its participation in “Eagle Eye 25-01,” an activation of Joint Force resources as part of the Presence, Surveillance, and Deterrence Operations, the frigate Almirante Juan de Borbón is scheduled to dock in Alicante on March 14th, 15th, and 16th. The Ministry of Defence said in a statement that Alicante is getting ready for the visit.
Everyone is welcome to visit the frigate “Almirante Juan de Borbón” while it is in port. Visitors can visit it from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday and from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. It will be docked at Pier 14 in the Port of Alicante. After that, it will carry on with its operations at sea until it reaches a level of preparedness that will enable it to function in high-intensity situations.
Part of this preparation involves taking part in DYNAMIC MARINERFLOTEX, one of the most significant national and allied exercises of the year, which will be held in the Alboran Sea and Gulf of Cádiz seas from March 24th to April 4th. Frigate “Almirante Juan de Borbón” Constructed by the NAVANTIA shipyards and delivered to the Navy in 2003, the frigate “Almirante Juan de Borbón” is a member of the “Alvaro de Bazán” class. With a crew of 196, it is located in the Ferrol Arsenal and is commanded by Frigate Captain Miguel Romero Contreras. His Majesty King Felipe VI’s grandfather, His Royal Highness Don Juan de Borbón y Battemberg, Count of Barcelona, who was named Honorary Admiral of the Navy in 1978, is honoured by the ship’s name.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Costa Blanca
14 immigrants were saved on a boat 45 miles off the coast of Alicante

On Wednesday, 2nd April, the Maritime Rescue ship Salvamar Leo saved 14 immigrants who were travelling in a boat about 45 miles from Alicante.
In the middle of the afternoon on Wednesday, Maritime Rescue sent out its Helimer 223 helicopter and the Salvamar Leo, which is based in Alicante, to save the people on a small boat.
Their journey began on the Salvamar Leo, which took them to the Temporary Assistance Centre for Foreigners in the port of Alicante. There, the Red Cross took care of them.
The Red Cross says that all of the refugees they saved were men, and two of them were younger than 15 years old. They were all healthy after being treated.
The National Police took over the refugees after getting help from the Red Cross. They are now trying to find the boat’s captain so they can arrest him, as is normal in these situations.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Costa Blanca
Dénia wrestler arrested in connection with a network that smuggled 300 kilos of cocaine from Ecuador

The National Police’s Drugs and Organised Crime Unit arrested a famous mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter from Dénia. He was part of a gang that was partly broken up in August over a shipment of 300 kg of cocaine from Ecuador that came into the port of Valencia. The fighter from Dénia is one of five people who were caught by police. Along with nine other gang members who were already in jail at the time, they are now in jail.
The man who was arrested in Dénia is thought to be the trusted man of the gang’s leader, who is also an MMA fighter, and the person who is said to have worked as a go-between in the operation.
Levante-EMV also says that the broken-down network is linked to another shipment of 490 kg of cocaine that came into the port of Valencia in April of last year.
The five people who were just caught went before Valencia’s Investigative Court No. 20 yesterday, April 3rd.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Costa Blanca
Man arrested after being caught manipulating a roulette wheel in a gaming room

A 41-year-old man was detained by the Guardia Civil in a Callosa de Segura gaming facility for attempting to illegally win prizes by manipulating an electronic roulette wheel. After being taken before a judge, the arrested man—who had 10 outstanding warrants for similar offences in other provinces—was sent to prison.
A gambling hall notified the municipal Guardia Civil patrol about the potential manipulation of an electronic roulette wheel in the early hours of March 6th.
Officers arrived and found the man using tools to operate a slot machine before identifying him. By using a wire to stop the wheel at advantageous positions and drilling holes in the machine’s glass, they discovered that he had accrued an unpaid balance of €8,000. The man tried to leave the building at that point, smashing the emergency exit door. Despite the suspect’s fierce resistance, officers were able to apprehend him in the car park after pursuing him.
Officers searched his possessions and discovered a tool he had used to drill holes in the roulette wheel, along with more than €6,300 in cash. He received 10 search and arrest warrants from various Spanish courts, all of them were related to identical offences, it was confirmed after his identity was verified.
He was turned over to Orihuela’s Court of Instruction No. 3, which imposed an incarceration order on him.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Torrevieja beach bars placed out to tender, but they won’t open until summer
-
Costa Blanca1 day ago
Before Easter, the new road through La Hoya should open
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Elche sets the regulations for riding bicycles and e-scooters
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Police prevent three squatters from taking over an Alicante home
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Elche mother sentenced to 19 years for the murder of her son and the abuse of her twins
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Elche man arrested for sending intimate images of his partner
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Two men arrested for drug trafficking in Benidorm
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
In the next five years, air taxis will become a reality in Europe