Costa Blanca
Three arrested from Alicante eviction company

Six persons were taken into custody by the Alicante National Police on Monday after conducting two home invasion raids. In addition to the raid, three of the people detained are accused of coercion and work for a property clearance company.
The operation happened on Avenida Pintor Gastón Castelló in Alicante on Monday 24th March at approximately ten in the morning. A 091 report regarding a brawl in the street where multiple individuals were shaking each other was answered by citizen security patrols from the Provincial Police Station and the Alicante North Police Station.
Three employees of an eviction business who said they had been paid by the apartment’s owner to install cameras and alter the locks were arrested as a result of the operation. Despite being informed that no one was home, a 31-year-old Moroccan man who claimed to have lived there with his wife for six years showed up after they had gone inside and changed the locks.
When the police came, three of the six persons who had told them they were in the residence had departed. The detained include a 45-year-old Moroccan and two Spaniards, ages 34 and 25.
A second operation for breaking and entering also occurred on Monday at approximately 4 p.m. It happened on Calle Carratalá in Alicante, and three Algerians were taken into custody by the police for occupying a fellow Algerian’s house while he was on a month-long holiday in Algeria.
After receiving a tip about a fight on Calle Carratalá, patrols from the National Police’s 091 unit arrived to discover two individuals fighting with a third party who was leaning out of a window. A 33-year-old Algerian guy was interviewed by the authorities as they approached his home. He informed them that he had spent six years there. He gave them the rental agreement and claimed that he had entered his home through a courtyard after finding the lock was broken when he returned from vacation.
He went inside and found three squatters who had taken up residence in the building. The complainant’s presence was verified by the neighbours, who also detained three Algerian men—ages 43, 32, and 21—for trespassing.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Costa Blanca
Man arrested in Torrevieja for the death of a 5-year-old jailed

Following his appearance today, Thursday 3rd April, before the judge of the Court of Violence against Women number 2 of Murcia, Jesús J. “Suso,” 48, who was arrested in Torrevieja as the suspected perpetrator of the death of his five-year-old stepdaughter in the Murcian district of Llano de Brujas, will be held in provisional custody without bail.
Additionally, judicial sources state that the adoptive mother has also been questioned as a victim-witness, always accompanied by the victim support unit psychologist. A number of witnesses have also been questioned, including the detainee’s brother and parents.
Along with initiating the required support and social protection measures by directing her to the appropriate authorities, the court has also issued a protection order against the victim, which forbids the accused from contacting or approaching her as a precaution. Although the inmate had no prior allegations of gender-based assault, the court found him guilty in 2010 and 2014 of making threats in connection with domestic abuse, for which he was imprisoned for two years initially and then for an additional year.
The accused was taken to court facilities at 9:40 am following his arrest in Torrevieja on Tuesday, 1st April. Under the watchful observation of National Police officers, some of the girl’s family gathered at the entrance to the City of Justice in Murcia to demand justice for Nadia.
The incident, which has stunned society, happened last Tuesday when Jesús J.G. called the minor’s adoptive mother, Ramona, and said, “The girl is already in heaven.” The accused’s parents later discovered the youngster dead at the family home in the Llano de Brujas district, allegedly as a result of the minor consuming pills or other narcotics.
Given that retaliation against his former spouse may have been the driving force behind the crime, preliminary investigations suggest that vicarious violence may have occurred. Although there were records of threats in texts sent to the victim’s mother, there were no prior reports of abuse.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Costa Blanca
Alicante’s Urbanova Beach, finally campervan free

Over the past week, Urbanova Beach’s scenery has undergone significant transformation. The caravans have vanished from the parking area close to Urbanova Beach after months of homeowners’ concerns about overpopulation. Through a campaign and recent surveillance, the local police have intervened and accomplished what the inhabitants have long sought: the removal of large trucks from the area that, in certain cases, had been there for months.
Up until now, enforcement of municipal ordinances that forbid parking cars wider than five meters in specific locations has been slack. The Local Police have started an “on-site campaign” this week to alert camper van and motorhome owners about the new rules, according to municipal sources. Warnings of potential fines for repeat offences have been sent, even though no consequences have been applied as of yet. To stop a recurrence of the crime, two neighbourhood police officers assigned to the area will also continue to monitor the parking lot.
After months of grievances, the people of Urbanova are relieved by this intervention. The president of the Urbanova citizens’ organisation, María José Molina, emphasises the obvious changes in the neighbourhood. They have eliminated them, or at least there are fewer of them, and it appears like things are progressing. They’ve been informed by the local police, and it’s evident that they’ve acted,” Molina adds.
In addition to reducing beachgoers’ parking options, the overpopulation of these cars in Urbanova caused issues for the neighbourhood. Residents blasted the car parks transformation into a makeshift camping area with the placement of seats, tables, and even tents as an excessive infringement on public space.
The issue of RV parking in Alicante has not been resolved, despite the fact that the work in Urbanova has temporarily freed the area. Owners of these cars are currently forced to look for alternatives on beaches and in residential areas because the city lacks public locations specifically designed for this kind of vehicle.
The only official motorhome parking space on Playa de San Juan was closed in 2021, making matters worse. The area had previously been used for Cirque du Soleil and other events, but it was never reopened. The Institute of Tourism Research at the University of Alicante was commissioned by the Alicante City Council in January of this year to evaluate the financial effects of motorhome tourism and investigate potential remedies. Though it is not ruled out that it would be on the oceanfront or second line, the potential of making municipal land accessible for this usage is being explored.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Costa Blanca
59-year-old scooter rider dies on the Orihuela Costa

On Wednesday afternoon, 2nd April, on the Orihuela Costa, a 59-year-old man died while riding an electric scooter on Calle Baikal, close to La Florida urbanisation.
A medical team was sent to the scene after the Emergency Information and Coordination Centre (Cicu) got a report of a scooter fall.
The Urgent Medical Aid Service (Samu) staff used advanced cardiac resuscitation and other stabilisation procedures after discovering the man on the ground.
Since there was no reaction to the resuscitation attempts, the medical staff could only confirm the 59-year-old man’s death.
Accidents involving scooters
Within a week, there have been two more scooter accidents in the province. The first was a collision with a tram on line 2 in Alicante on 28th March.
Two ambulances were called to the scene of the incident, which happened close to San Vicente del Raspeig’s Outlet shopping centre.
The 32-year-old male was transported to the Alicante hospital after suffering several injuries, including a fractured leg.
Last Monday was the second accident. On the same line, a 17-year-old girl riding a scooter collided with another tram. She was bruised and taken to Sant Joan Hospital.
Discover more from Costa Blanca Daily
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
In Alicante, a criminal group that specialised in robberies at pharmacies and banks has been dismantled
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Torrevieja beach bars placed out to tender, but they won’t open until summer
-
News2 weeks ago
Torrevieja earthquake simulation CANCELLED
-
Costa Blanca7 hours ago
Before Easter, the new road through La Hoya should open
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Elche sets the regulations for riding bicycles and e-scooters
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Earthquake drill about to start in Torrevieja
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Police prevent three squatters from taking over an Alicante home
-
Costa Blanca2 weeks ago
Elche mother sentenced to 19 years for the murder of her son and the abuse of her twins